Wondering how to detox your natural hair from oils, chemicals, and dandruff build-up? After years of treatments and using chemicals and relaxers, it is now the perfect time for a hair detox.
Do not fret about the restart. In terms of going natural, the best providers of beauty products can help you embark on an excellent hair journey that both the curls and scalp will appreciate you for!
The Perfect Way is to start with a Hair Detox
Most individuals detox their hair since they have been using conventional products made with low-quality ingredients or chemical toxins. In terms of ditching these low-quality ingredients and toxic chemicals, an excellent detox can help balance the scalp. It prevents your hair from suffocating build-up while nourishing your scalp at the same time.
Detox helps stimulate hair follicles. This allows for hair growth and helps clear your scalp of acne, scabbing, and dandruff. When your hair follicles start to flourish, you need to notice the difference in the texture of your hair within seven days.
When is it the Perfect Time to Detox Your Hair?
In normal times, your hair goes through a lot. To have hair you feel comfortable with and happy about, you might heat-style, colour-treat or tease it into an updo. These processes can help you style your hair the way you want. However, they’re, in most cases, damaging your natural hair.
Over the next week, why not break from your everyday styling regimen? In simple words, give your strands a deserved holiday. If you’ve got an oily, inflamed, or itchy scalp or experiencing hair loss or dry follicles, it is the right time for a hair detox. Let’s find out how, where, and aftercare tips and tricks.
Hair Detox: How to Do it
Hair Detox Mask
A hair detox mask seems complex at first glance. However, it comes with cost-effective detoxing instructions and utilizes three simple components that you can apply in five straightforward steps.
Similar to all at-home techniques, you need to carry out the patch test before use. Immediately wash the detox mask off the moment your skin starts to feel uncomfortable. Ingredients of an excellent detox mask include:
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera hair care products usually feature proteolytic enzymes that may help repair the scalp’s dead skin cells. Also, they act as great natural conditioners and prevent itching.
- Apple cider vinegar: It features enough minerals and vitamins B and C for your hair. Also, it offers the services of an anti-inflammatory formulation. This means it helps with dandruff.
- Bentonite clay powder: This powder features a high level of minerals, including potassium, iron, sodium, magnesium, calcium, and silica. It absorbs and purges clogged pores. Some of the main causes of clogged pores include chemicals, impurities, and heavy metals.
Oil-Based Scalp Massage
Do you have a more sensitive scalp? Or have you had your hair treated or relaxed in the past few weeks? An oil-based scalp massage can help. Pick your oil-based scalp massage, depending on your hair requirements.
Once you have your oil-based scalp massage, dilute it as required and massage it deeply onto the scalp for about fifteen minutes. Also, you can wrap your hair in a high-quality shower cap to allow it to soak. Allow the sun’s heat to open up your hair pores by exposing yourself to it. Your oil-based scalp massage may include oils like:
- Sunflower oil for shine and friction
- Olive oil for moisturizing thick, processed, damaged hair
- Coconut oil for moisturizing damaged hair
- Argan oil for improving scalp health and protecting against hair loss and damage
- Jojoba oil for moisturizing damaged hair and itchy scalps
- Essential oils for boosting growth while minimizing acne, itching, and more scalp issues
How to Keep Your Hair Detox Going Strong
You can do a few important things to keep your hair detox going strong, including:
- Pick the right shampoo for your type of hair
- Use the right brushes for your hair and scalp
- Use natural oils to take care of your scalp and hair naturally, ensuring it stays healthy
- Avoid heat, chemicals, and processing
- Try hair butters to make your natural hair soft, like cotton candy
If you overuse products and skip wash days, you can easily experience scalp build-up. In order to clean out the residue and dry your skin, opt for natural, gentle scalp scrubs or exfoliant treatments.
If your strands feel tangle-often or sticky, you may need to add a clarifying shampoo and conditioner to your hair care regimen. Excellent scalp and hair detox will provide you with numerous benefits, including:
- Promoting healthy hair growth
- Eliminating build-up that leads to dull hair and scalp imbalances
- Purifying the scalp of odor-causing bacteria
- Calming scalp redness and irritation
- Antioxidants help prevent oxidative stress and boost scalp function
Want to enjoy these benefits? Be sure to purchase and use naturally formulated scalp and hair detox treatment products.