Video platforms are a powerful marketing tool for small businesses. While all social media platforms are prioritizing video content, YouTube remains dominant.
After Google, YouTube is the second most trafficked website globally. While around 500 hours of video content are uploaded on the platform daily, more than one billion hours of content are streamed, making it one of the best places to advertise your business significantly.
If you are yet to tap the potential of YouTube marketing, it’s high time you should start focusing on it. A YouTube video editor can help you create the most stunning content for your channel.
But if you are new to YouTube marketing, you will need some tips and tricks to get it right. Go through the best strategies and tips for leveraging YouTube marketing to the fullest extent.
Youtube Marketing Strategies for Small Business
1. Develop Content Goals
Before leveraging YouTube marketing, you need to determine why you want to use the platform. Some businesses focus on YouTube marketing to increase their audience and engagement. Some brands might want to convert their subscribers into customers.
Unless you have clear reasons for using the platform, you will not be able to measure the success of your YouTube marketing campaign. It will also help you decide what type of content will lead to the growth of your channel.
For instance, Google uses its YouTube channel to showcase its philanthropic activities and behind-the-scenes looks. The YouTube channel of Marvel Entertainment has something for everyone, from movie trailers to news updates.
2. Create a Schedule for Posting Videos
The success of your YouTube channel is primarily influenced by the amount of content you produce. You will notice increased engagement when you share more valuable and relatable videos with them.
YouTube viewers get accustomed to when they can expect you to post, and they love consistency more than anything. Preparing a content schedule will help you stay regular with your video postings.
While people check other social media platforms multiple times a day, users are the most active on YouTube during the night. The majority of views on YouTube come from school-age children and young adults. Viewership escalates on Thursday with an all-time high on Saturdays and again falls off gradually on Sunday afternoons.
3. Learn from Other Creators
Watch the videos of other creators and try to learn from them. It will help you gain new content ideas and teach you how to edit your videos. Use an online video editor to adjust the brightness and contrast.
You should also try using filters to enhance the visual appeal of your videos. Try using transitions to add motion to your videos. However, overdoing it can repel your audience.
You will find several YouTube channels mainly dedicated to video editing. Follow these videos from expert creators and enhance your video editing skills in no time.
Following other content creators on the video platform will always help you understand what’s trending. Creating content according to the latest trends will help you grow your customer base. But it does not mean that you shouldn’t experiment beyond the trends and do something unique.
4. Use the Potential of YouTube SEO
YouTube belongs to the Google family, so SEO is an integral part of it. You can optimize your YouTube content using keywords, video tags, and other elements related to the search. Using these elements can increase the visibility of your content and make more people discover you quickly.
Some tips for YouTube SEO are as follows:
- Naturally, fit keywords in the title of your video. It will give viewers an idea of what they will find in your videos. However, try keeping your title within 60 characters to make it appear on results pages.
- Do not ignore the video description space and add keywords in the description too. However, you should know that YouTube displays around 100 characters of the description, and if viewers want to read further, they will have to click on show more. Most users are likely not to click on the show more because they are primarily on the platform to watch videos and not read. Therefore, try including essential links and CTAs at the beginning of your video description.
- The official Creator Academy of YouTube suggests adding relevant tags to your videos. Video tags help inform the viewers and YouTube itself about the content and context of your videos. It can increase your reach but using irrelevant tags to get more viewership can get you penalized by Google.
- Always categorize your videos to make them appear alongside similar content. It will help your videos get included in relevant playlists, and you will gain more viewers.
Several other ways of optimizing your videos exist, such as adding thumbnails and subtitles using a YouTube video editor. The SEO part on YouTube might seem complicated, but you will not regret the results.
5. Engage More on the Platform
The comment section on YouTube videos is more valuable than you think. When viewers leave comments on your videos, respond to them on time. It will make the audience feel that their voice is being heard.
It will help you create a positive brand image and solidify your relationship with viewers. Responding to comments can also trigger conversations about your brand among your followers.
You should also comment on the videos of other creators. It will help you become a part of the YouTube community.
6. Use Metrics to Track Results
Like all marketing techniques, YouTube marketing should also be analyzed. Use relevant analytics at least once a month to see how your YouTube marketing strategy performs. Some analytics to track are as follows:
- Number of views
- Number of subscribers
- Duration of views
- Total watch time
- Top videos
Using relevant analytical tools, you will be able to understand what your audience loves watching. You will be able to identify the root of your traffic. If you see your videos are not doing well, you can initiate changes in your YouTube marketing strategy.
If you want your channel to grow, you should promote your videos on other social media platforms. Post snippets from your videos on your social media profiles to make your followers excited. Don’t forget to share your video links on your social media to make people access your videos faster. Once you follow these steps, leveraging the platform of YouTube will be easier than ever!